Stephen E. Taylor
Stephen earned his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Richmond School of Law. Prior to attending law school, he worked in the United States Senate for nearly six years. Stephen was recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Estate Planning in 2014 and as a Rising Star in Elder Law for the years 2015-2019. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA). Stephen is a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney, and he is licensed to practice in both Virginia and North Carolina.
A native of Chesapeake, Stephen currently resides in Norfolk with his wife, two young children, and Labrador retriever, Abby.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Asset Protection Planning
- Long-term Care Planning
- Business Planning
- Veterans Benefits Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney
- University of Richmond School of Law: Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Allen Chair Editor, University of Richmond Law Review
- University of the South: Bachelor of Arts
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Board of Directors (2016 – Present)
- North Carolina Chapter National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Task Force on Aging
- Tidewater Arts Outreach, Board of Directors (2013 – Present)
- Christ & St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Vestry (2019-Present)
- Virginia Zoological Society (Virginia Zoo), Board of Directors (2019-Present)
- Andrew H. Hook & Stephen E. Taylor, The Virginia Uniform Power of Attorney Act, VBA News Journal, Fall 2010, at 18.
- Editor, Allen Chair Issue, Envisioning Energy: Environment, Economics and the Energy Future, 44 U. Rich. L. Rev. 919 (2010).
Honors & Awards
- Named a Rising Star by Virginia Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
- Named a Rising Star by North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Top Forty Under 40, 2018 Honoree, Inside Business
Prior Legal Experience
- Oast & Hook – Department Head – Estate Planning
View Other Attorneys
Request a No-Obligation Appointment
We are here to help you with legal questions. Get started today!